I know I just had a look back at my accomplishments for the month of May, but now that I’m fully at the end of the month, I wanted to touch on them again.
As of today I have 41,167 words on my litRPG novel. All those words were written in the month of May. My goal for the first half of May was 1000 words per day, and somewhere in there I bumped it up to 1100 because I was consistently going over the 1100 mark.
For June, I really want to bump that up to 1200 per day, but the last two days I’ve barely gotten over 1100 words. Granted, they were very stressful, busy days, but I think the habit is more important than the word count, so I’ll stick with 1100 for now till I feel like I’m easily doing 1200. Then I’ll bump it up.
I also need to get going on the outline for litRPG #2, which I’ll start writing the day after I put “the end” on #1’s draft. So that means the whole thing needs to be written, critiqued, and edited before I’m done with the first draft of litRPG #1, around the beginning of August.
This month, I really want to finish the content edit for the sequel to A Moonlit Task. It’s been sitting there ready to edit for a while now and I want to get that done so it can move on to beta readers. I’ve put it off for too long, and once I finish the litRPG first draft I’m going to have plenty of editing to do, so I really need to get it done before that happens.
In addition to that, I want to get back on track with Korrigan. I’m behind on those stories, which is fine. They aren’t huge moneymakers, and really I should be putting more effort into a book rather than short stories, but I do enjoy them and they are fun to write, so I need to get back on track with those. Because I’m behind, I may skip July’s release of Korrigan 05 and push that back to August. We’ll see how that goes.
Anyway, those are my major goals for June. Now it’s time to execute them!